12.22.2008

Remembering Childhood Holiday Crafts

Justify Full
Maya*made has a wonderful quick and easy tutorial over at her Blog on how to make a snowflake garland out of newspapers (because I seriously forgot how to make snowflakes!). I instead used just plain newsprint that I had left over from artschool (the thinner the paper, the easier it is to cut. PS: origami paper also works well: it's already in a square & comes in an endless array of colors and patterns.). After tracing and cutting out my snowflakes, I wanted an additional embellishment of glitter: I ironed, spray adhesived, and then dipped them in Martha Stewarts "carrara marble" fine glitter available at Michael's Craft Stores. ( slightly messy, but worth it.) I hung mine via mini brass safety pins from a vintage french lace garland across my mantel inter-dispersed with my collection of vintage teal and aqua glass ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment